Monday, August 26, 2013

Waffled French Toast


This month for the Secret Recipe Club challenge, I was assigned Rebekah's blog Making Miracles. I took a lot of time browsing through this very unusual blog. Not so much for the recipes, but reading Rebekah's experiences in surrogacy. I finally settled down to choosing Waffled French Toast simply because it had a twist I hadnt seen before. Waffling a french toast! Quite a cute idea! This is surely going to be a regular at my home now. Do visit Making Miracles blog for an interesting perspective towards life.

Waffled French Toast
Ingredients-
Whole wheat bread slices
2 eggs
Condensed milk to sweeten
3 tbs milk
Ground cinnamon
Preparation-

  • Whisk all the ingredients together. Dip the slices in the mixture.
  • Waffle the slices in a waffle iron.
  • Serve with a fruit sauce.

14 comments:

  1. Thanks for visiting my blog for SRC this month! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That has my vote for breakfast! Great SRC pick and lovely photo! Karen

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never thought of that, but it's an amazing idea - french toast on a waffle iron! WOW! :)

    Happy reveal day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Never thought of putting french toast in the waffle iron. I'll definitely have to try that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun new breakfast to try. We are going to have to try this one morning for breakfast. Great SRC pick!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Waffles are my family's favorite! They look wonderful~ Lynn @ Turnips 2 Tangerines

    ReplyDelete
  7. French toast as a waffle? Yum, yum! Great pick for SRC!

    ReplyDelete
  8. My grandkids would LOVE this!!!! Thanks for sharing this one with us :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love french toast and I haven't used my waffle iron in a while, so I feel like this would be the perfect recipe for me to start using it again! Awesome pick this month :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh wow! Two of my favorite breakfasts.....waffles and french toast...def. going to try this.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is incredible! What a fun twist on French Toast. We'll be doing this this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  12. How cool! I bet my grandkids would go crazy over these.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I agree with Kirstin - great combination of waffles and french toast. Yummy!! Great SRC pick. Happy belated reveal day.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin